Here are some albums I’m enjoying in the rotation right now.
- Sight by The Eagle and the Child
- West coast rock with heart felt lyrics and possibly the best hat tip I’ve ever seen in a band name.
- Chrysaline by Josh Garrels
- This album expands on much of Josh’s early folk and acoustic sounds in a whole new way while yet not abandoning those foundations. All while still featuring him as one of the most set apart song writers of our time.
- All of A Sudden I Miss Everyone by Explosions in the Sky
- If you look up this definition of post-rock music in the dictionary this album should not be far from it. A classic for the genre.
- From My Window to Yours, Pt. 1 by Andrew Blooms
- I am new to Andrew Blooms as an artist and I really like his work thus far. His music doesn’t shy away from complex melodies and instrumentation yet still maintains an air of… simplicity.
- Tranquil by Behind Clouds
- The Highest-of-Fi “Lo-fi Hip-hop” money can buy.
I do mean albums regarding the above as I don’t listen to singles or “internet radio” much. If you’re looking for top 40 hits, you’re probably in the wrong place.